Bathroom Rendering Sydney
Bathroom walls are more likely to sustain damage than other walls in a property because they’re exposed to excessive moisture and heat. It’s not uncommon for these to develop mold, water damage, cracks, or leakages. If there is extensive damage, homeowners are forced to replace walls.
But if it isn’t too severe, affordable bathroom rendering is a good option. At RDY Group Rendering, we have handled several bathroom projects and understand the unique requirements of this space. If you want to improve the looks or structural integrity of your bathroom, just give us a call.
Affordable Bathroom Rendering
Rendering is the process of applying a few thin layers of render solutions on existing walls. This helps improve the wall’s appearance, structural integrity, and resilience. Render compounds also protect the weaker underlying material from heat, dirt, and excess moisture. Most compounds have moisture-wicking and thermal control properties that help protect bathroom walls for a long time.
Types of Materials To Use on Rendered Bathroom Walls
There are different kinds of material options available to you and each has their advantages. Here’s a brief introduction to all compounds we offer so you have some idea of what to expect:
- Concrete Render Bathroom
Concrete render is a mixture of cement, lime, and sand. It has been used for decades and still remains one of the most popular compounds available today. This option provides a number of benefits and they include:
- Affordability – Concrete is one of the most affordable materials available today. If you’re on a tight budget but still want good results, it is a great option.
- Durable – Once installed properly and maintained well, concrete renders can last for decades. It does have some moisture wicking properties though we recommend applying some waterproofing over it to keep the bathroom walls safe.
- Customisable – Concrete renders are no longer dull grey in color. We can mix dyes or stains to improve their appearance significantly. You can also apply paint of your choice on the surface for added protection.
- Easy to Fix – If concrete rendered walls develop problems down the line, they can be fixed easily. The same can’t be said for other materials because they require more intensive repair work. As long as cracks and issues are fixed early, the surfaces will remain intact for a long time.
Concrete delivers good performance at a reasonable price, which is one of the reasons why it is a popular option for homeowners.
- Acrylic Rendering
The acrylic compound is made from special plastic polymers and petroleum, which makes it very flexible. This material is a little more expensive compared to concrete renders but provides a number of benefits including:
- Better Moisture Resistance – The flexible plastic material forms a resilient barrier between underlying building material and your bathroom environment. Moisture, water, or steam doesn’t penetrate this barrier or become trapped under the layer of render. This property makes acrylic a good choice for bathrooms.
- Less Likely to Crack – Concrete is a little more brittle and rigid than acrylic so when the underlying material expands or contracts, the surface forms cracks. Bathrooms experience a number of temperature changes so a more flexible material like acrylic is a better option for this room.
- Quick Curing – Concrete takes some time to cure so the bathroom is pretty much unusable until it dries. Acrylic is quick drying so your bathroom is useable after 2 to 3 days.
Acrylic is often used as a topcoat because it can’t be directly applied to a surface. It needs a level base for proper adhesion. We include the cost of this base in our cheap bathroom rendering service.
- Professional Polystyrene Rendering
This material was only recently introduced into the market but it has gained popularity quickly. Polystyrene is a light-weight material available in expanded or extruded forms. It is used in many major building projects and offers advantages like:
- Superior Moisture Resistance – Polystyrene offers better moisture resistance than most options available today. This material creates a breathable barrier that doesn’t allow moisture to reach the underlying material and ensures nothing gets trapped underneath it.
- Light-weight – This is the lightest rendering material, which means it doesn’t add any load to walls. You can safely use it in upper floor bathrooms without worrying about additional weight on a house’s frame.
- Easy to Install – Polystyrene is easy to install and doesn’t take much time to settle in. Most people are able to use the bathroom just a day or two after this render is installed.
Polystyrene offers many color and texture options so you can personalize a bathroom according to personal preferences. If you want to know more about low cost, local bathroom rendering service, don’t hesitate to call us at RDY Group Rendering at 0432 095 861.