Polystyrene Rendering Sydney
Rendering offers benefits beyond just improving the appearance of your home. The additional layer provides more weather resistance, better moisture control, and can strengthen the structural integrity of a property. Until a few years ago, rendering was limited to a combination of cement, sand, and lime, but it has evolved considerably over the years. Rendering is no longer limited to cement and includes materials like acrylic and polystyrene as well. At RDY Group Rendering, we have done polystyrene cladding installation on many projects and know how to get the best results.
Rendered Polystyrene Cladding – What You Need to Know
Polystyrene is a recent addition to the world of rendering, but it has become very popular with homeowners. There are two different types of foam used in rendering; EPS or expanded polystyrene and XPS or extruded polystyrene insulation. Both are made from the same polystyrene material, but their construction is different so they offer different benefits. EPS delivers a good thermal performance but doesn’t influence a wall’s structural integrity.
What are The Benefits of Adding Polystyrene Cladding for Houses?
This material is very flexible and versatile because it is specifically designed for construction. Its insulation properties can protect your home from the harsh Australian weather, ensuring the underlying materials are safe from excessive moisture or heat. Here are some of the reasons why additional polystyrene cladding is a good idea:
- Lightweight – This is a light-weight material so it doesn’t add any additional burden to your house’s frame. That’s one of the reasons why it is often used in upper floors of buildings because there’s no danger of destabilizing the structure.
- Durable – Though it is lightweight, there’s no compromise on durability. This material is still very durable and will withstand several years of use without problems if maintained well.
- Resistant to Pests –It is resistant to pests like termites, rodents, white ants, etc. As it’s made from an artificial material, EPS has no value to these bugs so you can be certain there won’t be any holes or bite marks on the surface.
- Fire Retardant – Polystyrene improves fire safety considerably because it isn’t as flammable as other building materials. It will hold off fire for longer, limiting damage and allowing people more time to escape.
- Flexible – EPS is flexible, which is one of its best qualities because there’s no limit to what it can cover. The material can be applied on surfaces of different sizes, shapes, textures, and materials. There are very few limitations and that’s why this material stands apart from other options like cement or acrylic rendering. There are many design possibilities available to a homeowner.
- High Insulation Value – Most people install polystyrene cladding because of its insulation properties. The material is designed to form a barrier between outdoor conditions and interior temperatures. It doesn’t allow heat from outside to seep into your property, or the cool air from inside to escape. This reduces energy bills because your HVAC system doesn’t need as much energy to maintain the indoor
- Moisture Barrier –Polystyrene is fairly water-resistant while being breathable, which is one of the reasons why it is often used in large constructions like highways. The material will form a barrier to keep moisture out and ensure there’s no dampness in underlying walls.
All of these benefits ensure this rendering option is an excellent choice. We are experienced and affordable polystyrene rendering contractors in Sydney so our team can offer great advice on this material. If you want to know if EPS or XPS is ideal for your home, just give us a call.
Different Colours and Textures
Polystyrene cladding is available in different colors as well as textures. You don’t have to stick with traditional options like white or cream because this material is very versatile. You can find unique or unusual hues for exterior walls to make your property stand out. Different manufacturers offer different ranges, so just tell us which color is ideal and we’ll recommend a good brand.
You can choose between rough, coarse, soft or fine finishes. Our team recommends a rough finish for exterior walls and smoother ones for places like bathrooms, rooms, or indoor installations. Some people prefer a smooth finish in outdoor installations like a polystyrene fence because of the visual appeal.
We’re a well-established company that has several years of experience in this field. Our team has worked with EPS and XPS, and we have carried out installations on all kind of properties. All rendering services are guaranteed so customers don’t have to worry about problems cropping up soon after installation.
Our team also provides a detailed quote that includes all polystyrene rendering Sydney prices without any hidden costs. If you want to know more about cheap rendered polystyrene cladding contractors, don’t hesitate to call us at RDY Group Rendering at 0432 095 861.